Simple Ceviche


As part of my nutrition training, I am learning about the benefits of eating raw foods. I'm not sure I can get used to eating steak tartare, but ceviche is something I can get behind! The freshness of the fish is a factor, so it's worth going to a fish market. I've tried this recipe with different types of fish, and I have to say that salmon and tuna are my favorites so far.

Simple Ceviche
Serves 4-6
Recipe by Sylvia Fountaine

2 shallots, finely diced
1 lb fresh fish, cut into 1/2" cubes
2-3 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tsp Thai green chili paste
3/4 cup fresh lime juice (4-6 limes)
1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
1 cup cucumber, diced
1 Tblsp olive oil
1 avocado, diced

Combine shallots, fish, garlic, salt, pepper and chili paste in a bowl. Add fresh lime juice and marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge.

Add cilantro, tomatoes, cucumber and drizzle with olive oil. Toss gently. Add the avocado and serve.