Cilantro-Mint Chutney


In taking down my herb garden, I had a lot of mint. My husband brought home tons of cilantro from the Farmer's Market and my son requested lamb chops for his birthday dinner. These coincidences nudged me toward searching out a recipe for mint chutney. Though it is called mint chutney by many, it relies heavily on cilantro. This easy recipe will make you a convert. And, yes, it pairs well with lamb chops. You can also add a dollop to your chicken chili.

Cilantro-Mint Chutney
Makes 1 1/2 cups
Adapted from William Sonoma

2 cups lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves1 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves1/2 small yellow onion, minced1 garlic clove, minced1/2 tsp ground cumin1/2 tsp green curry paste (I use Thai Kitchen)1/2 tsp sugar1 1/2 tsp salt2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice1/3 cup plain yogurt


Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a full-size food processor. Puree until smooth, 2-3 minutes. Store in airtight containers or jars in the refrigerator.