Campanelle with Zucchini, Ham and Green Onion


Here is another excellent light pasta dish from Martha Stewart Living.  I made it the other night for my daughter and several of her friends, all seventh-grade girls.  They had to eat on the run while I drove them to a school play, so I packed up dinner-sized portions of the pasta in plastic tupperware containers. Later that night, when I brought in the containers from the car I noticed that there was not one lettuce leaf or piece of pasta left.  They'd practically licked the tupperware clean.


Hey, that's a successful recipe in my book!


Campanelle with Zucchini, Ham and Green Onion
Serves 4-5
Adapted from Martha Stewart Living, May 2011

8 oz campanelle pasta (use gluten-free pasta for a gluten-free version)
1/2 cup jarred Alfredo sauce (I used Classico brand)
4 oz sliced boiled ham, cut crosswise into ribbons (check for gluten)
1 small zucchini, thinly sliced
1/2 cup green onion, sliced
3 Tblsp fresh parsley, minced
salt and pepper
1 Tblsp olive oil

Bring a large pot of water to a boil.  Cook pasta according to package directions until al dente, and drain.

In a large serving bowl, combine the Alfredo sauce, ham, zucchini, green onion, parsley, salt and pepper.  Add the pasta and combine well.  Drizzle with oil. 

Serve over beds of lettuce for a light spring meal.